You’re great at helping others.
Don’t forget to help yourself.
Malpractice Insurance for AAMFT Members.
As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, you practice specialized therapy. Though your client may just be an individual, the focus of your therapy is on the larger network of relationships that this person maintains. This consideration for the larger “family” is often the cornerstone of healing but also a source of considerable conflict. They say a good marriage takes work. You know this is also often true when it comes to good therapy. Unfortunately, this work, like many strong marriages, can experience some bumps along the way.
These bumps can occur under circumstances that are out of your control, however somehow, as the therapist, you’re being confronted. Take for example the scenario of a client or couple’s divorce. You may find yourself with a divorce attorney asking for therapy notes or even a potential liability situation surrounding seeing either client individually instead of in couples therapy.
Over the course of a career, most therapists will experience this “What should I do?” moment. This is when professional liability insurance for marriage & family therapists is there to help you navigate the process. At CPH Insurance, we’re here so that when something like this happens, you don’t have to go it alone. Even if you don’t necessarily have a lawsuit or board complaint on your hands, we offer consultations with an attorney under our Avoiding Liability Helpline so that you can speak with someone to avoid any such situation.
This is just one benefit of our coverage. Because there can be a variety of needs when it comes to malpractice insurance for marriage & family therapists, we provide a policy that goes beyond just providing a lawyer.
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
Whether you have questions before purchasing a policy or need assistance with an existing one, we have licensed insurance agents available by phone to lend knowledgeable support. At CPH Insurance, we treat professional liability insurance for marriage & family therapists similarly to how you treat your clients. We want to support you professionally so that as an individual you can be the best therapist to your larger “family” and provide a lasting impact on the lives you touch.
NEW! Cyber liability is available in most states and can be added to your malpractice insurance policy starting at $87. Click here for more information!
Connect with a rep
by the second ring
Apply online and get
covered in minutes
Update policies and get
documents on your time