Outpatient Corporations, Group Practices & Nonprofits
If you have a business entity that provides outpatient mental health services, it is important the corporate name is protected under your insurance policy. Apply for a business entity policy to protect your business, its owners, and its employees under one policy.
Your policy can be effective as early as the day we receive your application, and we will underwrite and process a quote within 48 hours. Payment is due within 30 days of your effective date.
Benefits of Corporate Coverage
Why do one-person business need to apply for corporate coverage?
If a claim or lawsuit arises from your professional services, it’s possible for your business entity to be named in the lawsuit. An individual policy will not provide any coverage for your business entity for claims, incidents, or lawsuits arising from your professional services.
Will a policy under my individual name cover my business if I’m the sole owner?
No, an individual policy will only cover you as an individual provider and does not cover your business entity, even if you are the sole owner or employee.
Can I simply add my business as an additional insured on my individual policy?
No, you cannot add a business entity you own or operate as an additional insured. You must upgrade your policy from individual to corporate coverage in order to appropriately cover your business entity.
Corporate coverage is rated differently than individual coverage, but does not always guarantee there will be an increase. Your corporate application is subject to underwriting review.
Student Blanket Coverage for University Programs
The Student Blanket Professional Liability Insurance provides comprehensive financial protection against incidents involving students.
This policy includes:
- Generous occurrence and aggregate limits
- Faculty members covered for supervision of students
- Legal defense costs in addition to the limit of liability
- Optional coverage naming School or university as an additional insured
Please email our office at email@example.com for an application.
Professional Liability Insurance provides you the following benefits:
- “Occurrence Form” Coverage: Protects you for your lifetime for incidents that occur while coverage is in force (see FAQ page for more information)
- $1,000,000 per occurrence / $3,000,000 or $5,000,000 aggregate professional liability limits (higher limits available if required by contract)
- Unlimited Defense Coverage
- $35,000 State Licensing Board Defense Coverage included (with options to increase for additional cost)
- Avoiding Liability Helpline: up to 2 free hours of consultation with an attorney per policy period for legal questions related to an existing situation with a client that is not otherwise covered under the policy benefits
- Deposition Expense Coverage
- Portability: Your coverage follows you within the 50 domestic U.S. states wherever your license allows you to legally practice
- Medical Expense Coverage
- First Aid Coverage
- Assault Coverage
- Defendant’s Reimbursements
- Supplemental Liability
For more detailed limits and a brief description of each of the policy highlights listed above, click below!
To view the entire CPH Policy Specimen, click below!
Commercial General Liability
Limits: $1,000,000 per incident/ $3,000,000 annual aggregate
Summary: Coverage for bodily injury and property damage at a rented office
Business Personal Property
Limits: $15,000 (Subject to a $500 deductible)
Summary: Covers loss/damage to the contents of your office used in your professional practice
Limits: Matches Professional Liability Limits
Summary: Secondary coverage for entities related to your professional practice: landlord, employer, contracting agency, supervisor, etc.
Limits: $15,000 or $25,000
Summary: Protection against a data breach of your client’s information
Vicarious Sexual Misconduct
Summary: Coverage if you are held liable for another person’s abusive conduct (i.e. negligent supervision, reporting, employment)
Hired and Non-Owned Auto
Summary: Coverage for liability resulting from an employee’s use of their own vehicle for business purposes
Business Income and Extra Expense
Summary: Coverage for loss of income due to suspension of your practice caused by physical loss or damage to your office
Summary: Extends coverage for consulting services you are legally allowed to provide within the scope of your license or certification
Save 5% off your professional liability premium just for completing the application online. (This discount is only available to groups of 2 or less people that can be approved online. It is not available to applicants in the states of Tennessee and Maine).
Risk Management Discount
Save 10% off your professional liability premium for completing your state’s Legal and Ethical CEU requirement for licensure renewal. If your state doesn’t have a requirement you can still save if you have taken 4 Law or Ethics CEUs within 2 years of your effective date. This discount applies only to fully licensed professionals.
Size of Group Discount
Groups of more than 2 providers/employees will receive a size of group discount on the professional liability premium.
What can we help you with?
Get a quote. Apply now
Still have questions? Contact us