Last Updated May 17, 2023
If you are a California resident, please also see the Supplemental Information for California Residents here.
1. OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- What information we collect and how we collect that information,
- How we use the information we collect,
- When we may share information we collect, and
- Your choices regarding how to access and update information.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The term personal information refers to any information about an individual that can be used to identify that individual. It does not include any anonymous or anonymized data that cannot be used to identify a specific person. Below are the types of personal information we collect through the Site.
- Identification and Contact Information, which includes information that identifies you as an individual and information that allows us to contact you, including your name (first and last), email address, online account identifiers, phone numbers, mailing address, and business address.
- Device and Browsing Information, which includes internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time and location settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, and other technology on the device(s) you use to access our Site.
- Employment Information, such as the name and address of your employer.
- Financial Information, such as your credit card and debit card number, which may include the card number, expiration date, and security code. We do not collect or store this type of information directly, but we use a payment gateway to process payment of insurance premiums.
- Transaction Information, such as the records of Insurance plan information, including coverage applied for and enrolled in, renewals, and claims information.
- Other Information, which includes any information you voluntarily provide when you interact with us through the Site, such as through our “Contact Us” feature.
3. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Information You Provide. We receive personal information directly from you when you choose to provide it, including through our online applications, customer portals, and email For example, our Site includes a “Contact Us” feature that allows you to reach out to us with inquiries. In addition, the Site also has interactive pages, which are designed to permit you to apply for and purchase certain lines of insurance coverage and otherwise transact business with us, and our carriers, through the Site.
- Automatically Collected Information. We may automatically collect certain device and browsing information when you use the Site. We may collect this device and browsing information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Site saves on your computer or mobile device, or similar technologies. For more information, see the “Cookies; Do Not Track” section below.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Providing the Site. We use personal information to provide you with the Site, including to allow you to create, maintain, customize, and secure Site user accounts, and to otherwise communicate with Site users and account holders, including responding to questions and requests made through the Site.
- Providing Services. Our Site includes interactive features that allow customers to apply for, purchase, renew, and update insurance policies issued by our carriers, along with an online portal that enables customers to access policy documents, file claims, and make policy changes. Accordingly, we use personal information you provide to us through the Site for:
- processing applications for insurance;
- administering insurance policies issued by our carriers (for example, billing, managing claims, processing renewals, and the like);
- offering you services or products available from us, our carriers, and third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- to communicate with you about your policies and to otherwise provide customer support.
- Marketing. Subject to rights to opt out and applicable law, we may use personal information to send you newsletters and promotional materials and to provide you with targeted offers and information about additional opportunities related to the Site.
- Analytics and Site Improvements. We your personal information to maintain and improve the quality of the Site and our customer and Site user experiences, to understand Site traffic, to provide technical support to administer the Site, and to understand Site user behavior, including by.
- combining or aggregating any of the information collected through the Site for generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Site and user demographics and traffic patterns; and
- using anonymized data that may or may not be derived from personal information but does not personally identify you, both for disclosure to third parties and for the purpose of enhancing the Site and developing new service offerings.
- Legal Matters. We will use personal information as necessary to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulation, as well as to enforce our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims.
- Business Transactions. We may use personal information as necessary for us or others to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in which personal information is among the assets transferred or is otherwise material to the transaction.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We retain contact, identity, financial, and transaction data about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. However, please note that due to legal requirements, we may need to share information relating to insurance transactions indefinitely.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research, analytic, or statistical purposes, in which case we may retain such information indefinitely, as such information will cease to be personal information.
5. WHEN AND WHY WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information as follows:
- Insurance Carriers. We provide our Site to provide insurance products and services written by the insurance carriers with whom we partner. Accordingly, if you contact us through the Site, we may forward your inquiry, or some or all of the personal information you include with your inquiry, to one of the insurance carriers we work with so that they may respond. In addition, the Site also has interactive pages, which are designed to permit you to apply for and purchase certain lines of insurance coverage and otherwise transact business with us, and our carriers, through the Site, and we will share personal information with carriers and agents in accordance with industry practice to allow them to provide you with the relevant products and services. Please note that if you use our Site to inquire about or purchase insurance, you are authorizing us to provide the relevant information to carriers and agents so that they can provide you with the applicable products and services. We cannot control how any carriers or agents with whom we share your information for policy processing and administration purposes may further use your information, and we do not accept any responsibility for how they may use it. You should review the applicable insurance carriers’ privacy policies for more information.
- Association Partners. To the extent our customers indicate that they are member of a trade or similar association or one of our affinity partners, we may share personal information with those associations/affinity partners. You have the right to opt out of our sharing information in this manner.
- Service Providers. We may engage third-party service providers (including payment processing providers) to assist us in managing, marketing, and providing the Site. We will accordingly provide personal information to these service providers as necessary for them to perform the relevant service. We provide our service providers only with the information that they need to perform their respective services, and work with them to respect and protect your privacy.
- Marketing Partners. We may share your information so that we or others may provide you with periodic mailings, or may contact you via the telephone, regarding products, services, or events. If you do not wish for us to share your information in this manner, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Analytics Providers. We share personal information with data analytics platforms, to compile statistics and evaluate and perform analytics and Site improvements.
- Consent. We will also share personal information if we have your express “opt-in” consent to do so.
- Reorganizations. We may share information in connection with, during negotiations of, or as a part of the closing of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, litigation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the users of our Site is among the assets transferred.
We do not sell, rent, or lease the personal information we collect about you through the Site to anyone for any purpose, other than as disclosed.
6. COOKIES; DO NOT TRACK
- Information Collected through Cookies and Similar Files. When you use the Site, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. “Cookies” are small data text files that are either used for the duration of a session (“session cookies”) or saved on a user’s hard drive (“persistent cookies”). Session cookies identify users logging onto the Site, and these cookies are deleted from the user’s server soon after the session ends and are not collected or saved. Persistent cookies will be saved on your server, and will recognize you when you return to the Site, store user preferences, and analyze user behavior. Like other automatically collected data, information collected through cookies is not used to personally identify you. We use this information to enable Site features and provide a more personalized Site experience, for analytics purposes and to understand how users navigate and use our Site, to identify and fix errors, and to enable and support security features, prevent fraud, and protect our Site
- Opting Out. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser’s settings to prevent that or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. Because each browser is different, you should look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify these settings. If you do disable cookies this may make your experiences on the Site less efficient.
- Do Not Track. Currently, certain browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Internet Edge, offer a “do not track” (DNT) option. This option, using a technology known as a DNT header, sends a signal to websites visited by a user about the user’s DNT preference, if any, set on the browser. If you activate DNT, we cannot currently commit to responding to your browser’s DNT signals, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- Providing Personal information is Your Choice. You can browse our Site without providing us with any personal information, other than browsing data (which we will not attempt to link with other personal information). However, if you choose to use our Site to engage with us, such as by creating an account, or if you choose to conduct business with or otherwise interact with us, you will be required to provide us with the personal information necessary to facilitate that interaction or transaction. If you do not want to provide us with personal information, we may not be able to conduct business with you or provide you with requested information.
- You Have the Right to Opt Out of Certain Communications. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing and other promotional materials at any time by following the opt-out links in the applicable messages, or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that when you opt out of marketing messages, we may still need to contact you regarding outstanding applications, purchased insurance policies, your product or service experience, as required by law, or regarding legal matters. However, we will not send you marketing communications after you have opted out of receiving them.
- You Have the Right to Access Your Personal Information. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, to access certain details about the specific items of personal information we have collected about you. If you request a copy of your personal information, you have the right to receive it in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily-usable format that allows you to transmit the data to another party without undue difficulty.
- You Have the Right to Correct Your Personal Information. If you believe any personal information we have about you is incorrect, you can contact us to request that we make the appropriate edits to correct that information. In addition, if you have an account on our Site, you may be able to update certain of your account details directly through the Site.
- You Have the Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information. As noted above, we have standard retention practices with respect to the personal information we collect. If you would like to request any earlier deletion of your personal information, you may do so. Please note that we may not be able to completely remove personal information in certain circumstances. This will be true if the data is not in a searchable format, or if it is retained in backup systems or in cached or archived pages. We also may not be able to delete personal information to the extent it is necessary to conduct active and ongoing business with you, if we are required by law to retain it, or if keeping the information it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or future abuse, or otherwise enforce our rights.
- Limitations. Each of the rights set forth above may be subject to certain limitations as set forth in applicable law. Your rights may depend on your state of residence, as different states have adopted privacy laws that provide for specific rights and remedies applicable solely to residents of such states.
- Exercising Your Rights. To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions regarding our practices regarding personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may be required to request information from you to verify your identity in connection with any such request, as a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. If you make any request to exercise your rights, we will respond within the time period required by law (or if no time period is required, within a reasonable period of time). If we are unable to comply with your request, we will inform you of this. If you do not agree with any action we have taken following a request to exercise your rights, or otherwise object to our handing of your personal information, you may have the right to appeal or to raise your objection with your state’s regulatory authority. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns directly before you approach a regulatory authority, so please contact us in the first instance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rights Applicable to California Residents. If you are a California resident, please see the Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents, available here.
8. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
We cannot control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
9. Data Security
In order to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of any personal information you provide to us, we have put into place standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect such as firewalls and data encryption. However, no measures are foolproof, and no electronic data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we believe that we use reasonable measures to protect personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted or otherwise provided to us or received from us.
10. A NOTE ABOUT Children’s Online Privacy
The Site is not structured to attract anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who believes your minor child has accessed this Site and provided us with any personal information, please contact us at email@example.com to have this information deleted from our records.