INDIVIDUAL MALPRACTICE INSURANCE
Professional Liability and Malpractice Insurance are different terms referring to the same thing: protection for your professional services. As a licensed allied or mental health provider, CPH Insurance offers you peace of mind while extending the type of coverage we often call “malpractice insurance.”
Protecting your career as an allied or mental health provider is easy and affordable. Our expertise in the allied / mental health professional liability insurance market allows us to serve you better.
We are committed to providing our policyholders with competitive rates, up-to-date legal resources and exceptional customer service. With our online application and renewal process, real-time online policy change capabilities and knowledgeable customer service, we continue to keep our customers’ needs a priority!
Malpractice insurance coverage for counselors, therapists, psychologists, social workers and many other types of mental health providers.
From audiologists to x-ray technicians, we offer comprehensive malpractice insurance for many occupations within the allied health care industry.
Malpractice insurance for applied behavior analysis professionals including (but not limited to) BCBAs/BCABAs, Behavior Consultants, Behavior Specialists, Developmental Therapists, Early Childhood Interventionists and many more!
Malpractice Insurance for RNs, LPNs, LVNs, Nurse Aides and Nurse Assistants.
Note: This coverage excludes OBGYN, Neo-natal, cosmetic and aesthetic services.
Don’t see your profession? View a full list here.
Not Yet Licensed? Need Malpractice Insurance?
If you are a Masters or Doctoral Student enrolled in an accredited training program in nursing, allied health, behavior analysis or mental health and do not already carry a license or certification, we’ve got you covered! When applying online, simply select your area of study and then “Student” as your occupation. If you’ve completed your graduate program and are actively accruing hours toward an independent license, you would again select your area of practice and then one of the several supervised occupations that we cover (e.g. Counselor Intern, MFTI, Post Masters/Intern Under Supervision, etc.].
Seeking Malpractice Insurance for your Allied Health or Mental Health Business Entity?
Click here for more information about insuring your business entity, whether you operate as the sole owner/employee of your registered company or as a multi-person corporation.
Professional Liability Insurance provides you the following benefits:
- “Occurrence Form” Coverage: Protects you for your lifetime for incidents that occur while coverage is in force (see FAQ page for more information)
- $1,000,000 per occurrence / $3,000,000 or $5,000,000 aggregate professional liability limits (higher limits available if required by contract)
- Unlimited Defense Coverage
- $35,000 State Licensing Board Defense Coverage included (with options to increase for additional cost)
- Avoiding Liability Helpline: up to 2 free hours of consultation with an attorney per policy period for legal questions related to an existing situation with a client that is not otherwise covered under the policy benefits
- Deposition Expense Coverage
- Portability: Your coverage follows you within the 50 domestic U.S. states wherever your license allows you to legally practice, including Telehealth!
- Medical Expense Coverage
- First Aid Coverage
- Assault Coverage
- Defendant’s Reimbursements
- Supplemental Liability: Coverage for bodily injury and property damage that occurs during the rendering of professional services
For more detailed limits and a brief description of each of the policy highlights listed above, click below!
To view the entire CPH Policy Specimen, click below!
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
Limits of Liability: $1,000,000 each occurrence / $3,000,000 aggregate
Also known as “Slip and Fall” or “Premises Liability” coverage.
THIS COVERAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability (for damage to the premises rented to you)
- Host Liquor Liability
- Personal Liability
- $250,000 for Fire & Water Legal Liability (damage to the rented premises)
BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY COVERAGE
Amount of Coverage: $15,000
This covers damage to your property and property of others that is in your care, custody or control.
THIS COVERAGE ALSO INCLUDES:
- $50,000 Identity Theft Expense
- $50,000 Emergency Real Estate Consulting Fee
- $25,000 Temporary Meeting Space Reimbursement
- $50,000 Workplace Violence Counseling
- $50,000 Image Restoration and Counseling AND MORE…
*Property coverage not available in Florida
Save 5% off your professional liability premium just for completing the application online.
*This discount is not available to applicants in the states of Tennessee and Maine
Risk Management Discount**
Save 10% off your professional liability premium for completing your state’s Legal and Ethical CEU requirement for licensure renewal. If your state doesn’t have a requirement you can still save if you have taken 4 Law or Ethics CEUs within 2 years of your effective date. This discount applies only to fully licensed professionals.
**This discount is 5% in New York
Newly Licensed Discount
If you are newly licensed or certified (for the first time) within 36 months, you may be eligible for a newly licensed discount:
- 50% off your professional liability premium if within the first year of licensure
- 25% off if licensed or certified within 24 months of licensure
- ONLY Licensed Clinical Psychologists are eligible to receive 15% off their professional liability premium if licensed within 36 months of licensure