You’re great at helping others.
Don’t forget to help yourself.
Malpractice Insurance for Mental Health Private Practices
CPH Insurance is proud to partner with the All Things Private Practice Podcast in support of mental health professional growth and practice management.
Having served mental health professionals for over 20 years, CPH Insurance can protect your career with up-to-date legal resources and competitive rates.
As a mental health provider, you’ve dedicated your career to helping others, and you should be free to focus on clinical care without worrying about a threat to your private practice. With CPH Insurance malpractice insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing you’re protected in the event of a claim or suit, a grievance from a regulatory board, plus many other coverage benefits. Because there can be a variety of needs when it comes to malpractice insurance for mental health practices, we provide a policy that goes beyond just providing a lawyer.
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
Whether you operate a one-person LLC or large corporation, it’s important to cover your business entity with corporate coverage. A corporate policy will cover your LLC or corporation, you as the owner, and (if applicable) your employees.
- Why do one-person businesses need to apply for corporate coverage?
If a claim or lawsuit arises from your professional services, it’s possible for your business entity to be named in the lawsuit. An individual policy will not provide any coverage for your business entity for claims, incidents, or lawsuits arising from your professional services.
- Will a policy under my individual name cover my business if I’m the sole owner?
No, an individual policy will only cover you as an individual provider and does not cover your business entity, even if you are the sole owner or employee.
- Can I simply add my business as an additional insured on my individual policy?
No, you cannot add a business entity you own or operate as an additional insured. You must upgrade your policy from individual to corporate coverage in order to appropriately cover your business entity.
- Will having corporate coverage change my premium?
Corporate coverage is rated differently than individual coverage, but does not always guarantee there will be an increase. Your corporate application is subject to underwriting review.
If you have questions before purchasing a policy or need assistance with an existing one, we have licensed insurance agents available by phone to lend knowledgeable support. At CPH Insurance, we treat professional liability insurance for private practices similarly to how you treat your clients. We want to support you professionally so you can be the best therapist to your clients and provide a lasting impact on the lives you touch.
NEW! Cyber liability is available in most states and can be added to your malpractice insurance policy starting at $87. Click here for more information!
Connect with a rep
by the second ring
Apply online and get
covered in minutes
Update policies and get
documents on your time