You’re great at helping others.
Don’t forget to help yourself.
Malpractice Insurance for Psychotherapists
CPH Insurance is proud to partner with Colorado Association of Psychotherapists.
Are you a registered psychotherapist in Colorado? Wonderful! We can insure you! The occupation you’ll want to select in our online application would be “Counselor” and the cost ranges between $124 – $324 depending on your type of employment and numbers of hours you work per week.
Save 5% off your professional liability premium just for completing the application online. (This discount is not available to applicants in the states of Tennessee and Maine)
Risk Management Discount
Save 10% off your professional liability premium for completing your state’s Legal and Ethical CEU requirement for licensure renewal. If your state doesn’t have a requirement you can still save if you have taken 4 Law or Ethics CEUs within 2 years of your effective date.
Our coverage is catered to psychotherapists / counselors – Here’s what CPH Insurance offers to their policyholders:
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
In a profession that deals with many complex and intimate personal issues, professional liability insurance for counselors is a must. It’s peace of mind, it’s confidence, and a quote is just a few clicks away.
Why take out your own individual malpractice insurance as a counselor?
As a counselor, you know that some of the biggest breakthroughs occur once a client has settled into therapy and developed a level of trust with you. This trust comes, in part, from the intimate and private setting of the therapy itself. Unfortunately, this atmosphere also opens up counselors to claims of negligence and misconduct.
“Thanks, but I’m covered through my employer”
Sometimes, your employer’s policy is robust enough to cover your needs, but sometimes it may not be enough. Your employer’s policy is set up to cover the employer for any liability it may face from your work, but this doesn’t guarantee that the policy adequately covers you. Because employer provided insurance is shared among their employers and primarily covers the business entity and owner, it’s prudent for the individual counselor to maintain their own policy that puts them first.
If you own a business entity, corporation, or group practice click here to apply for the appropriate coverage.
Connect with a rep
by the second ring
Apply online and get
covered in minutes
Update policies and get
documents on your time