MALPRACTICE INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONALS
Group Fitness Instructor
What is professional liability insurance for fitness professionals?
Liability insurance isn’t only for medical professionals. In these litigious times, group fitness instructors are encouraged to carry professional liability insurance (or malpractice insurance) to safeguard their careers as well. If a client files a complaint or lawsuit, fitness professional insurance provides unlimited defense coverage to protect your career and assets.
Why take out your own fitness insurance policy?
Let’s look at a common liability example. During an interval training class one of your clients may slip on a wet spot on the floor and hurt himself. They may potentially sue you and whether they’re claim has merit or not, fitness insurance for group fitness instructors will provide unlimited legal defense and pay for any amount the court awards to your client up to the limits of your policy.
Here’s why having your own coverage is important. Your facility’s insurance policy may provide coverage but if multiple employees are brought up in a lawsuit, the money available on the policy will be spread out amongst everyone named, potentially leaving you without the necessary funds.
Secondly, if you are a 1099 contractor at a facility, you may not even be included on their policy. While it’s common for W-2 employees to be covered under the group policy, contractors should not assume coverage nor assume that the facility’s insurance is up-to-date. Getting your own individual fitness insurance is easy.
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
(Click here for full policy details)
Fitness insurance for professionals is as important as keeping your certification current and with the potential for incomplete coverage through your facility, an individual policy is more important than ever. It’s peace of mind, it’s confidence, and a quote is just a few clicks away.
The CPH Way
What Makes Us Different
Because our business is specialized, we are able to focus on your liability needs in a way that bigger companies are not. Our team of associates represent over 50 years of collective experience in this field, and we are able to serve a large client base while maintaining a small-office approach.