You’re great at helping others.
Don’t forget to help yourself.
CPH Insurance is proud to serve the International Association of Psychology and Counseling members in support of mental health professional growth and stability.
Having served mental health professionals for 20 years, CPH Insurance insures students, provisionally licensed interns and fully licensed professionals with malpractice insurance.
Student members of IAPC are granted complimentary insurance.
Post Masters, interns under supervision, provisionally licensed, or associate level professionals who have not gained full licensure qualify for coverage with CPH Insurance at a base premium of $90. IAPC members have a reduced administrative fee ($10 as opposed to $20) – a $10 savings! To receive that reduced admin fee, it’s imperative to select IAPC from the “Select your Professional Association” drop down menu.
Fully licensed mental health professionals (Counselors, LPCs, Psychologists, LCSWs, LMHCs, etc.) are rated based off of the following:
- Employment type (employed or self-employed) and
- Number of hours worked / week (on a self-employed basis)
You may explore the CPH Insurance “Quick Quote” by inputting the information above and yielding a premium summary without submitting any of your personal information. Once again, IAPC members have a reduced administrative fee ($10 as opposed to $20) – a $10 savings! To receive that reduced admin fee, it’s imperative to select IAPC from the “Select your Professional Association” drop down menu.
CPH Insurance can also insure your registered business entity (LLC, PLLC, SCORP, etc.) associated with your mental health practice. Whether you operate a single-owner LLC with no employees or large corporation, it’s important to adequately cover your business entity with business entity professional liability insurance. By insuring your business entity, your individual self, as the owner, is assumed coverage. You would not need an individual policy separate from your business entity policy. Click here for a business entity malpractice insurance quote.
- Lifetime, Portable Occurrence Coverage
- Unlimited Defense Coverage
- $35,000 State Licensing Board Defense Coverage (with options to increase)
- Option to add Cyber Liability, General Liability and Business Personal Property Coverage (Optional coverages are not available in certain states. Please navigate our online application to tailor your coverage according to what’s available based on your practice needs)
There Are Even More Ways to Save!
Additional discounts offered in addition to the IAPC member administrative fee reduction are as follows:
Save 5% off your professional liability premium just for completing the application online. This discount is not available to applicants in the states of Tennessee and Maine.
Risk Management Discount
Save 10% off your professional liability premium for completing your state’s Legal and Ethical CEU requirement for licensure renewal. If your state doesn’t have a requirement you can still save if you have taken 4 Law or Ethics CEUs within 2 years of your effective date. This discount applies only to fully licensed professionals.
Newly Licensed Discount
If you are newly licensed or certified (for the first time) within 36 months, you may be eligible for a newly licensed discount:
- 50% off your professional liability premium if within the first year of licensure
- 25% off if licensed or certified within 24 months of licensure
- ONLY Licensed Clinical Psychologists are eligible to receive 15% off their professional liability premium if licensed within 36 months of licensure
Connect with a rep
by the second ring
Apply online and get
covered in minutes
Update policies and get
documents on your time