Malpractice Insurance For
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors
What is professional liability insurance for licensed clinical mental health counselors?
Malpractice insurance isn’t only for medical professionals. In these litigious times, licensed clinical mental health counselors are encouraged to carry professional liability insurance (or malpractice insurance) to safeguard from a claim or lawsuit as well. If a client, their spouse, or parent/guardian files a complaint or lawsuit, malpractice insurance for licensed clinical mental health counselors provides unlimited defense coverage and state licensing board defense coverage to protect your career and assets.
Why take out your own individual malpractice insurance as a licensed clinical mental health counselor?
As a licensed clinical mental health counselor, you know that some of the biggest breakthroughs occur once a client has settled into therapy and developed a level of trust with you. This trust comes, in part, from the intimate and private setting of the therapy itself. Unfortunately, this atmosphere also opens up counselors to claims of negligence and misconduct, and, to add insult to injury, your employer’s policy may not be enough.
Your employer’s policy is set up to cover the employer for any liability it may face from your work, but this doesn’t guarantee that the policy adequately covers you. Because employer provided insurance is in place to protect the employer, it’s prudent for the individual counselor to maintain their own policy that puts them first.
Here are 3 ways we make insurance easy:
- If you have a question about coverage or the application, give us a call. We’ll have a licensed insurance agent pick up directly (no phone trees).
- We’ve created a website based on years of servicing counselors and their concerns. You can apply online and receive your policy documents electronically.
- You’re not left in the dark once you have a policy. We offer two free hours of attorney consultations through our Avoiding Liability Helpline to discuss situations with clients that could potentially lead to a claim or lawsuit.
We Promise You:
- Simple, real-time online application: Policy documents are issued in a matter of minutes, as long as you’re approved!
- No more phone menus to jump through: You’ll connect with a friendly and professionally licensed agent – within only two rings!
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
The CPH Way
What Makes Us Different
Because our business is specialized, we are able to focus on your liability needs in a way that bigger companies are not. Our team of associates represent over 50 years of collective experience in this field, and we are able to serve a large client base while maintaining a small-office approach.