MALPRACTICE INSURANCE FOR
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
What is professional liability and why is it important for an LMHC?
It takes a considerable amount of education to become an LMHC. In fact, few occupations require such a high degree. Despite this, those in the field often lament the lack of concentration in their training spent on malpractice insurance for mental health counselors. It can be intimidating if you’re unfamiliar with the basics, leaving many providers feeling like you need to speak “legalese” just to navigate the application.
At the end of the day, professional liability insurance for mental health counselors insures your clinical services. It protects your livelihood and your assets against board complaints and lawsuits. It’s important, but that doesn’t mean it has to be complicated. This is where we come in and make insurance clear, complete, and quick to obtain.
Three ways CPH Insurance can assist:
- If you have a question about coverage or the application, give us a call. We’ll have a licensed insurance agent pickup directly (no phone trees).
- We’ve set up a website based on years of servicing LMHCs and their concerns. You can apply online and print out your documents electronically.
- You’re not left in the dark once you have a policy. We offer a two-hour avoiding liability helpline consultation for potential claim or lawsuit situations that may come up during the year.
Professional liability insurance for mental health counselors is vital to any practitioner whether they’re in private practice or employed at an agency. It’s more than just peace of mind, it’s confidence, and getting started on a policy is as easy as clicking below.
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
The CPH Way
What Makes Us Different
Because our business is specialized, we are able to focus on your liability needs in a way that bigger companies are not. Our team of associates represent over 50 years of collective experience in this field, and we are able to serve a large client base while maintaining a small-office approach.