MALPRACTICE INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL PROVIDERS
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
What is professional liability insurance?
Professional liability insurance for professional counselors is simply, protection. It’s an insurance policy written specifically to protect your career as an LPC against a grievance from a regulatory board, claim, or lawsuit.
Why should you maintain your own LPC insurance policy?
We all know that we live in litigious times, but do we all know how we’re insured to face these times? LPCs make up a large percentage of mental health professionals who are employed at agencies/community organizations, and they’re often covered under their employer’s liability insurance. This may create the false impression that all of your potential liability needs as an individual LPC are covered when they’re not.
An employer’s policy is set up to cover the employer for any liability it may face from your work, but this doesn’t guarantee that the policy will always have your best interest in mind as the employee—as the LPC who may have moved onto a different agency or as the employee who is being countersued by the employer because they feel you were responsible.
Why CPH Insurance?
Once you’ve examined “why” professional liability insurance for professional counselors is prudent, the “who” is easy. CPH Insurance makes it quick, painless, and complete. Here’s how:
- It takes 5-10 minutes to apply online and receive your documents electronically.
- Need to talk to someone? Call us and you’ll get an agent directly (no phone trees)
- Two free hours of attorney consultations per year for situations with a client that could result in a claim or lawsuit: The CPH Avoiding Liability Helpline
- Coverage is “occurrence form,” meaning it’s for a lifetime
- Your insurance is completely portable
- Policy includes state licensing board defense and deposition expense coverage
- A++ rated carrier for Financial Stability by A.M. Best Co.
- Professional Liability Occurrence Form (Lifetime Coverage)
- Supplemental Liability Bodily injury & property damage during sessions
- State Licensing Board Defense Coverage $35,000
- Unlimited Defense Attorney fees in lawsuit defense
- Portable Coverage Follows your licensure or certification
- Telehealth Coverage Included in professional liability limits
- Deposition Expense $10,000 per deposition
- Medical Expense $5,000 per person
- Assault Coverage $15,000
- First Aid Coverage $15,000
- Sexual Misconduct Defense coverage only
- Attorney Helpline
2 hours per policy period
- General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence $3,000,000 aggregate
- Business Personal Property / Contents $15,000
- Additional Insureds Landlords, employers, contracting agencies
- Cyber Liability Coverage
$15,000 or $25,000
- Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage $250,000
The CPH Way
What Makes Us Different
Because our business is specialized, we are able to focus on your liability needs in a way that bigger companies are not. Our team of associates represent over 50 years of collective experience in this field, and we are able to serve a large client base while maintaining a small-office approach.