What if I am incorporated and the only employee of my corporation. Can I cover both under one policy?

Category: Malpractice Insurance Coverage

If your professional practice is incorporated, you can take out a corporate policy even if you are the only employee. You would still use the Group Entity application, but you would list yourself as the sole Owner/Partner/Principal.

If you do additional practice outside the umbrella of your corporation, you may elect to add a “Work Outside” endorsement when you complete the application for coverage.

If you are currently insured under an individual policy, you do not need to take out a second policy. You may instead upgrade your current policy by accessing your account in the Customer Portal. Go to Make Changes To My Policy, select Add Something, then select Add Corporate Coverage.