MALPRACTICE INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONALS
If you own a business entity, corporation, or group practice click here to apply for the appropriate coverage.
What is Professional Liability Insurance for Yoga Therapists?
Liability insurance isn’t only for medical professionals. In these litigious times, yoga therapists are encouraged to carry professional liability insurance to protect their yoga practices as well. If a client files a complaint or lawsuit, yoga insurance provides unlimited defense coverage to protect your career and assets.
Why take out your own yoga insurance policy (even if you’re a W2)?
As a yoga therapist, you know your job is unique. You’ve worked hard to turn your lifestyle into a career, and unlike a desk job, this line of work comes with a particular set of potential liability exposures.
Clients engage in yoga therapy to focus on a particular condition. Take yoga therapy for lower back pain as an example. The goal here would be to relieve pain and to improve function. If their condition does not improve or worse yet, if the client is injured during a sequence, they may potentially sue you for their pain and suffering.
Whether their claim has merit or not, yoga insurance for yoga therapists will provide unlimited legal defense and pay and any amount the court awards to your client up to the limits of your policy.
Here is why having individual coverage is important:
- Your facility’s insurance policy may provide coverage, but if multiple employees are named in a lawsuit, the policy defense costs will be shared amongst everyone named, potentially leaving you without the necessary coverage to pay your attorney fees.
- If you are an independent contractor at a facility, you may not even be included on their policy. While it’s common for W-2 employees to be covered under the group policy, contractors should not assume coverage. Getting your own individual fitness insurance is easy.
- Occurrence form coverage (lifetime coverage)
- A++ rated carrier for Financial Stability by A.M. Best Co.
- Portable coverage – follows your certification
- Optional General Liability Coverage
- Premises Liability Coverage
- Personal Injury Liability Coverage
- Sexual Misconduct Expense Coverage
- Loss of Earnings Coverage
- HIPAA Proceedings Coverage
CLICK HERE FOR FULL POLICY DETAILS
Professional liability insurance for yoga therapists is a must, and with the uncertainty of coverage under your facility’s insurance, it’s even more important to have your own individual policy. It’s peace of mind, it’s confidence, and a quote is just a few clicks away.
The CPH Way
What Makes Us Different
Because our business is specialized, we are able to focus on your liability needs in a way that bigger companies are not. Our team of associates represent over 50 years of collective experience in this field, and we are able to serve a large client base while maintaining a small-office approach.