Does CPH Insurance offer Business Income and Extra Expense coverage?

Yes. CPH malpractice policy holders have the option to add Business Income & Extra Expense Coverage if they also add CPH TOP coverage (general liability and business personal property) to their policy. Together, these coverages provide protection for incidents related to slip and fall, damage to your personal property and potential loss of income as it relates to restoring your office space due to damage. This coverage is not available in Florida.

Business Income and Extra Expense coverage costs $50 per year for a $250,000 limit which would include:

  • The Loss of Business Income
  • Payroll Expenses
  • Temporary Practice Location

To review Business Income and Extra Expense coverage details and exclusions, click here!

To add Business Income and Extra Expense coverage to your existing policy with CPH Insurance, login to your customer portal, select “Make Changes to My Policy” and submit a “General Change Request.”

Does CPH Insurance offer Cyber Liability?

Yes, cyber liability coverage is extended to our mental and allied health professionals as a claims-made endorsement. We do not offer cyber liability as a stand alone policy; you must have a professional liability policy with CPH Insurance in order to add cyber liability. There are two different levels of coverage offered. For more detailed information about cyber liability coverage, click here!

What is a retroactive date? Does my policy have one?

Policies written on a Claims-Made basis contain a specific date on which coverage begins (commonly known as the “retroactive date”) and provides no coverage for claims arising out of occurrences that take place prior to this date.

Your policy with CPH Insurance is written on an occurrence basis, and there is no “retroactive date” named in the policy. Occurrence coverage applies to claims or suits resulting from professional incidents occurring during the policy period. See the “Occurrence Coverage vs. Claims Made” section below for additional information about the differences between the two policy types.

Can I cover my administrative staff?

If you have a group/corporate policy, administrative staff are covered automatically and do not need to be listed on the policy. If you have an individual policy, you cannot cover your administrative staff.

NOTE: Patient intake personnel are not considered to be “administrative staff.” To cover them under a group policy, they must be named and paid for as employees

What does “separate limits” mean on the Group Entity application?

If you have a corporation providing mental health services, it can be sued separately as its own entity in addition to any suits against individual counselors that may be working for the corporation. Paying an extra 10% of the premium for “Separate Limits” gives the corporation name itself its own limits of liability (for example $1Million Occurrence/$3 Million Aggregate) in addition to the existing ($1/3 Million) limits of liability covering all individuals listed under the policy. “Shared limits” means that if the corporate entity is sued in addition to any individuals, the $1/3 Million limits of liability must be shared between them, and the coverage may be exhausted more quickly.

NOTE: Separate limits will only be issued in amounts identical to those covering the individuals listed on the policy (e.g. $1/3 Million limits; $1/3 Million separate limits). Separate limits are NOT available in denominations differing from the main set of limits (e.g. $1/3 Million limits; $2/4 Million separate limits).